Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Share Double Dildo

Share Double DildoI really wanted to like this toy. Seriously. In fact, I began to question whether my desire to find it all flavors of magnificent would interfere with my objectivity. I needn't have worried. *sigh* I do not like this product. I have read some glowing reviews elsewhere, though -- so don't base a purchasing decision for such a high-priced toy on just one person's opinion. Women come in an infinitely delicious variety of shapes and sizes, so one product is never going to fit every woman perfectly.

It looked, from the photographs, like the designers had incorporated the best features of the Feeldoe and the Nexus and left the worst on the cutting room floor. Pretty packaging, too.

Size-wise, the shaft of the Share is comparable in length to the Nexus and slightly less girthy than the Feeldoe Stout.

Share Double DildoWeight-wise, it is also comparable. In other words, it's heavy. It's made of solid silicone, as are the Feeldoe and the Nexus. Kegels of steel are required to use any of these products in the traditional on-top thrusting position without a harness. Not saying it can't be done, mind you, just that it--like all physical achievements--takes some training. Don't expect to slip any of them in and have them stay put during no-holds-barred fucking unless you work your Kegels religiously.

Texture-wise, I do like this product better than the other two. It's softer, more flesh-like, and not as smooth. (Plus, it's a more natural color.) As a result, however, it requires more lube than either of its cousins. (Two packets are included in the box.) That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the more lube floating around down there, the more likelihood that pony end is gonna slip right out of its vaginal stable.

Speaking of the pony end -- it's big. Too big for my comfort, actually. In order to "sit" in the saddle, I had to push and squirm and maneuver to the point that I totally lost my enthusiasm for the task at hand. YMMV, of course. I have been surgically altered (complete hysterectomy -- including my cervix), which may very well be the reason I couldn't get comfortable with the Share. I will note, however, that this hasn't been an issue with either the Nexus or Feeldoe. The pony ends of both cousins fit quite comfortably.

But the aspect of the Share that I dislike the most is the floppiness of the saddle. The Feeldoe is somewhat floppy. It dangles at the same angle when held by the pony end. However, the Share has more bounce. Give 'em each a jiggle, and the Share takes twice as long to return to a resting position. That's WAY too much play, in my opinion. Of the three, the Nexus is the most stable in this regard, but I think even it could use a bit of stiffening. The glowing reviewer mentioned above considered this "flexibility" a plus. I don't.

So, alas, what could have been the be-all-and-end-all ended up being a disappointment. Hopefully, the engineers will keep trying. We walked on the moon, after all. Surely we can design the perfect strapless double dildo.

Until next time...

peace & passion,

~ Alessia

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:53 PM

    I've heard the very same thing about this product. TOO FLOPPY. :(

    ReplyDelete